What you’ll learn in this course:
- What is the SharePoint Framework (SPFx)?
- Configuring an SPFx development workspace
- Using the SPFx workbench
- Building your first SPFx web part
SharePoint Framework fundamentals
- Introduction to TypeScript
- Introduction to React
- SPFx web part development techniques
- Using web part properties
- Using web part property controls
Designing SharePoint Framework components
- Using SCSS modules
- Leveraging Office UI Fabric components
- Web part accessibility and localization
Building practical SharePoint framework applications
- Building a data visualization dashboard web part
- Connecting to SharePoint web services
- Building custom web part property controls
- Building SharePoint Framework extensions
- Deploying and updating your applications
Who should attend:
- This course was designed for developers interested in learning the SharePoint Framework
- A familiarity with SharePoint features such as sites, lists, and libraries will help you get the most out of this course, but is not required
Let’s build something.
Throughout the duration of this course, we use practical real-world scenarios to demonstrate fundamental SharePoint Framework development techniques.
Upon completion, you’ll have built several applications including an entirely functional dashboard visualization web part that is production-ready and easily deployed to your SharePoint environment.
Thank you so much for a wonderful class I got so much out of it. You made it very easy to understand.Mary Ann
Thank you Kyle. I thought the class was excellent and info was well presented.Eric
Thank you for a great course.Ty
Meet the Instructor
Kyle Schaeffer has been designing and building enterprise software for over fifteen years. With a focus on Microsoft Office and SharePoint technology, he has created countless enterprise applications and enjoys teaching all things SharePoint at conferences and training events around the world.
With a degree in Information Systems and a background in design, Kyle explores the interactive science of app development, user experience, artificial intelligence, data science, and machine learning as it relates to enterprise software like SharePoint and Office 365. He is the co-founder of Spiritous, where he leads a team of researchers and developers who build cutting-edge enterprise technology for clients around the globe. Outside of work, Kyle tries his hand as an amateur woodworker, musician, writer, and outdoorsman.
Getting Started FREE!
About This Course
What is SharePoint Framework (SPFx)?
Setting Up Your Workspace
Your First SPFx Web Part
TypeScript Crash Course
React Crash Course
Your First SPFx Web Part in React
All About Web Part Properties
Connecting to SharePoint
SharePoint Crash Course
Web Part Context
Web Services Abstraction
Web Services and Component State
Visualizing SharePoint Data
Using Chart.js to Visualize List Items
Dynamic Chart Data Configuration
Advanced Web Part Development
Cascading Property Controls
Styling and Office UI Fabric
Accessibility and Localization
Cleanup and Improvements
Color Palette Property Pane Control
Deploying and Updating Solutions
Application Customizer Extension
Field Customizer Extension
List View Command Set Extension
Buy the Course
Offer ends in 2 weeks
- Access to over 9 hours of instructional video content
- Unlimited future updates
- Stream videos from any device
- Download all video content for offline use
- Download all source code, including a fully working SharePoint Framework data visualization web part
- Purchase any number of student licenses to be allocated to teammates at any time
- Save 10% when you purchase 5 or more student licenses
- Save 15% when you purchase 25 or more student licenses
How many students are on your team?
All prices are USD. Have a question? Want to pay via check? Contact us.
Still not sure? Try the first module completely free.